Friday 28 April 2006

My new PC

Finally ordered a new computer system, after struggling with techie jargon of bumf from various local shops, and checking latest advice. I asked for a high performance machine, capable of easy multitasking, and that will handle whatever I throw at it.

KIT:
Opted for Athlon 64 3500+ instead of Pentium 4, as received wisdom suggests that AMD offer better CPU performance for less money.

Windoze XP Home edition
Kingston PC3200 1500 (3 x 512MB) DDR
Deskstar T7K250 250GB hard disk
ECS NForce4 SKT939 ATX motherboard
Gainward GeForce 6600GT 128MB graphics card
Pioneer DVR-110D 16x16 DVDR/RW dual layer disc drive
19-inch LCD monitor

No modem (as I already have BB)
No floppy drive

Extras include: MS Explorer trackball mouse, as I've got used to this type, and can't use the regular sort which need moving about!

Delivery expected early in May.

No comments: